The Formidable Five
- For the past few years, the whole North of the Realms has been warmer than ever. It hasn’t even snowed!
- The Formidable Five arrive in Everlast, due to Mayor Honeybeard’s invitation, to celebrate the one year anniversary of their heroic saving of the town from the Furbolg attack.
- When they arrive they see that the day has been made into a holiday, a planned yearly holiday celebrating The Formidable Five. The townspeople have gathered in the street to welcome them in awe, while the guards view them with a mixture of fear and respect.
- The town has tripled in size, going from 500 residents to 1500.
- Mayor Honeybeard welcomes them formally in the town square, where something gigantic has been hidden beneath a well woven veil. He asks them to return to the square in 5 hours time, to catch the last strong rays of light of day.
- Hammerfist’s, Tog & Bog’s Inn & Tavern, is located in the town square. Targar runs in to see his sons and is greeted by their normal wrestling match. The twins introduce The Formidable Five to Hammerfist, their massive new “ale”.
- Lemmings is introduced to the Fleetfoot Academy by Galvin Steamcup, it’s founder. Lemmings does a short lecture there before the Unveiling.
- Amanda, Lucas’s Fair Maiden, drags him to her home for some sweet loving. Afterwards she gives him “back” his Silver Dagger that he has stored with her for the last year and says that he must shed blood with it today in the coming struggle. Lucas doesn’t understand what that means.
- The night before, Lucas and Mata almost kissed for the first time. Their romance almost came to fruition but they were interrupted by Lemmings. Seeing Lucas go off with Amanda, Mata seduces and sleeps with Hester in a jealous fit.
- Lemmings bumps into The Man in Black right before the Unveiling, just as he did a year ago and as he has done before other catastrophes that he’s witnessed. The Furbolg attack a year ago started right after Lemmings bumped into him. Lemmings remembers that a year ago as The Man in Black walked away in a state of disappointment, he saw a boulder flying through the air and land on Targar’s home and smithy. Targar’s wife was inside the house and died that day.
- During the Unveiling, Mayor Honeybeard unveils the incredibly well done statues of The Formidable Five with a statue of him standing larger than life behind them and then gives a speech about how Everlast need not worry with heroes as these in their midst.
- In the speech it becomes evident that the growth of Everlast, the citizens overwhelming awe and the revering fear the guards show them, are all due to Mayor Honeybeard’s exaggerated promotion of The Formidable Five.
- Lemmings tries to warn the others that something bad is coming, without success.
- Suddenly a massive boulder destroys the mayor’s statue and Tog & Bog’s Inn. The Furbolgs attack at that moment, on the one year anniversary of their previous attack.
- The Furbolgs are the most chaotic beings the Realms have ever seen, as was evident in their “tactics” last year. But now they somehow manage to hold ranks and attack as an organized army.
- Lemmings saves the Fleetfoot Academy from being burned down. More importantly, Lemmings taunts the Furbolgs, breaks their formation and becomes known throughout the Realms for his war cry.
- Lucas saves two children just as they are about to be viciously butchered by a pair of Furbolgs, shielding them from their parents corpses and getting them to safety.
- The Formidable Five stop the Furbolgs a second time, this time killing their leader and all the other attackers. They save Everlast from being overcome by the Furbolgs savage attack, which targeted men, women and children alike.
- Tog and Bog are killed, but not before they take down an attacking Furball. Their final words to their father are Tempes Mar.
- Lucas falls when fighting Razor, the Furbolg leader, but Amanda arrives and gives him a bottle of orange liquid which brings him back to consciousness and gives him some of his vitality back.
|2. The Doctor is in >>|